Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fireworks and Holidays


I love to celebrate! Birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, all kinds of special times. What I do not understand is those who think we need to "practice" our celebrations!

We all know what I mean. Where I live certain elements have been "practicing" celebrating the up-coming 4th of July since January. You heard me, JANUARY!

Bang, pow, rip-pity rip... over and over. I keep hoping against hope with the next round set to explode at any time of the day and/or night, they will have found the magical combinations of booms and bangs for the great day and give it a rest.

Please, give us some rest!

I love the 4th of July, Memorial Day, Flag Day, Veterans Day, D-Day, V-J Day, Election Day, well actually I love all 365 days (plus one every four years). I just do not feel that the boom-bang-boom needs to be rehearsed for months in advance of the actual celebration.... and I do not think I am being a Grinch.

So, on Friday, July 4th, I will be safe inside my home, remote in hand, watching the Boston Pops shot from cannons, and New York Harbor aglow with pride... maybe a cool glass of bubbly, my husband and my pug... now this is Celebrating BIG CITY Style...

1 comment:

  1. hee hee . . . I know Gee, those booms in advance can be a little annoying for the dogs. My girls run to the windows though in hopes of catching a glimpse!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete